The devastating bushfires in Australia are continuing to take an almost unimaginable toll on that country. At least 34 people have died, livelihoods have been lost, countless native animals and livestock populations have been decimated, and millions of hectares of land have been burned beyond recognition.
To help those in need, the Down Under Club of Winnipeg (DUCW) is organising a large local Bud ‘n Spud Fundraiser with monies raised sent to the Australian Red Cross through the Canadian Red Cross office in Winnipeg.
PLEASE NOTE that tickets are only available until end of day on Monday February 18.
- When — Saturday February 22, 2020, from 5:00 to 8:00 pm
- Where — Nashville’s Event Centre at Canad Inns Destination Centre Transcona (826 Regent Ave West)
- Cost — $20 (tickets purchased by Monday February 18) for your choice of either a chicken/baked potato or pasta/pizza dinner with Caesar salad, garlic breadstick, and one complimentary beverage
- Tickets — to purchase tickets or to make a donation, contact Peter Debenham at 204-955-0393
- For more information — Peter Munn at 204-237-1805 or Jenny Gates at email@example.com
In addition to the Silent Auction, 50/50, door prizes, spot prizes, Aussie music and didgeridoo, there will be several speeches and presentations from members of the Australian and New Zealand community, as well as local individuals and dignitaries, and we will acknowledge those members of the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre who have returned from Australia after helping with the fires.
The event will be co-emceed by Beau from 99.9 BOB FM and Jenny from the DUCW.
On behalf of the members of the DUCW and the people of Australia, THANK YOU for joining us in helping those affected by these devastating bushfires, the impact of which will be felt long after the fires are extinguished.
- Jenny Gates, Media and Communications — 204-228-9959
- Peter Munn, President — 204-237-1805
- Peter Debenham, CPA, CA, DUCW Treasurer — 204-955-0393
- Charlie Powell, Silent Auction Coordinator — 204-806-6965
- EMAIL — firstname.lastname@example.org