THANK YOU, Winnipeg, for your generous support of our bushfires fundraiser.
We are SOLD OUT, and tickets will NOT be available at the door.
If you would still like to help, we are accepting donations. Any amount is welcome, but donations of $20 or more will get a tax receipt from the Canadian Red Cross for monies sent to the Australian Red Cross Disaster and Relief Recovery Fund. To make a donation, contact Peter Debenham at 204-955-0393.
The devastating bushfires in Australia are continuing to take an almost unimaginable toll on that country. At least 34 people have died, livelihoods have been lost, countless native animals and livestock populations have been decimated, and millions of hectares of land have been burned beyond recognition.
To help those in need, the Down Under Club of Winnipeg (DUCW) is organising a large local Bud ‘n Spud Fundraiser with monies raised sent to the Australian Red Cross through the Canadian Red Cross office in Winnipeg.
PLEASE NOTE that this event is SOLD OUT, and tickets will NOT be available at the door! Thank you!
- When — Saturday February 22, 2020, from 5:00 to 8:00 pm
- Where — Nashville’s Event Centre at Canad Inns Destination Centre Transcona (826 Regent Ave West)
- To make a donation, contact Peter Debenham at 204-955-0393
- For more information — Peter Munn at 204-237-1805 or Jenny Gates at email@example.com
In addition to the Silent Auction, 50/50, door prizes, spot prizes, Aussie music and didgeridoo, there will be several speeches and presentations from members of the Australian and New Zealand community, as well as local individuals and dignitaries, and we will acknowledge those members of the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre who have returned from Australia after helping with the fires.
The event will be co-emceed by Beau from 99.9 BOB FM and Jenny from the DUCW.
On behalf of the members of the DUCW and the people of Australia, THANK YOU for joining us in helping those affected by these devastating bushfires, the impact of which will be felt long after the fires are extinguished.
- Jenny Gates, Media and Communications — 204-228-9959
- Peter Munn, President — 204-237-1805
- Peter Debenham, CPA, CA, DUCW Treasurer — 204-955-0393
- Charlie Powell, Silent Auction Coordinator — 204-806-6965
- EMAIL — firstname.lastname@example.org