The festival is staged at various locations downtown, and if you’ve never been, this could be the year, with a bunch of Aussies and a Kiwi in the mix:
- Olive Copperbottom: A New Musical by Charles Dickens and Penny Ashton – Penash Productions, New Zealand
- The Ballad of Frank Allen – Weeping Spoon Productions, Australia
- Lovely Lady Lump – Lana Schwarcz, Australia
- Jon Bennett: How I Learned to Hug – Jon Bennett, Australia
- 6 Quick Dick Tricks: A Dirk Darrow Investigation – Tim Motley, Australia
- Patrick Hercamp & Jon Bennett in New Show, BUTT different – Patrick Hercamp and Jon Bennett, Lost Angeles and Australia
Visit www.winnipegfringe.com/ for show times and tickets.
Oh, and if you don’t think it matters to them that you will be in the audience, here’s an email from performer Penny Ashton – “Well hello, here I am googling myself like an egomaniac and your Southern Yarn pops up! How have I never seen you guys before, lol. This will be my 7th Winnipeg Fringe, and the lone Kiwi flying the flag this year I think indeed. Just thought I’d say thanks a lot for the mention, I hope to get some Kiwis along to the show. Ka Kite, Penny.”
Of course she also means Aussies … 🙂 … so be sure to say kia ora and g’day when you go!