Are you heading to the Winnipeg Fringe Festival between July 19 and 30?
The festival is staged at various locations downtown, and if you’ve never been, this could be the year, with a bunch of Aussies and a Kiwi in the mix:
- Olive Copperbottom: A New Musical by Charles Dickens and Penny Ashton – Penash Productions, New Zealand
- The Ballad of Frank Allen – Weeping Spoon Productions, Australia
- Lovely Lady Lump – Lana Schwarcz, Australia
- Jon Bennett: How I Learned to Hug – Jon Bennett, Australia
- 6 Quick Dick Tricks: A Dirk Darrow Investigation – Tim Motley, Australia
- Patrick Hercamp & Jon Bennett in New Show, BUTT different – Patrick Hercamp and Jon Bennett, Lost Angeles and Australia
Visit www.winnipegfringe.com/ for show times and tickets.
Oh, and if you don’t think it matters to them that you will be in the audience, here’s an email from performer Penny Ashton – “Well hello, here I am googling myself like an egomaniac and your Southern Yarn pops up! How have I never seen you guys before, lol. This will be my 7th Winnipeg Fringe, and the lone Kiwi flying the flag this year I think indeed. Just thought I’d say thanks a lot for the mention, I hope to get some Kiwis along to the show. Ka Kite, Penny.”
Of course she also means Aussies … 🙂 … so be sure to say kia ora and g’day when you go!